Healthy Skin and Hair Starts with a GOOD diet

           Let's be honest.Who can resist fast food? Not I! As a college student with a part time job the last thing on my mind was eating something healthy. I want something that is cheap, quick, and delicious. I do not care how greasy. My diet for the past few years has been so inconsistent, I went from home cooked meals almost everyday to Wendy's, Lindy's, Popeye's, and Chick-fil-a becoming my besties. I would attempt to be healthy once in a blue moon because healthy food just didn't full me the way I wanted. For the past few months I've been playing around with different dieting plans that I thought would work best for me. I tried incorporating more vegetables in my diet on a daily basis, but it's hard when everyone on Instagram is snapping photos of fried chicken, smothered chicken, and red velvet waffles with the glaze. Don't let my size fool you, I will eat you out of a home! My diet was ruining my skin, and it showed. I hate trying to cover up acne with make-up, especially because I touch my face a lot.
           First, to improve my diet, I stopped buying soda. I stopped drinking soda, and eating so many sweets a few months ago, and it wasn't long before I saw improvements in my skin. My skin is a snitch, every time I picked up a candy bar, or drank Sprite I would get large bumps on my cheeks and under my chin. Now, when I have a craving for something sweet, I buy fruit!
            Second, I stopped buying juice that had high sugar content. There are over 257 different names of sugar. I stay away from juices with over 20 grams of sugar per serving, and I purchase plenty of water. A few days ago I decided to challenge myself to not buy juice at all, instead I just adding flavor to my water.
The picture above is of water infused with cucumber and mint leaves. You can infuse your water with different fruits and vegetables if your not fond of the bland taste of water.
Third, I've been including more salads, and less fried foods in my diet. I've definitely been cutting down on eating potato chips as well.  I'll let you know how long I last.

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram