My First Blog Post

Lately I have been getting a lot of questions about what products I use to keep my natural hair healthy.


Here is a list of the products I use regularly:

1. Shampoo - Creme of Nature Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo
       No it's not organic. However, my mother has used Creme of Nature products in my hair since as I long as I can remember. This is the only shampoo I have tried that does not strip my hair. When using this shampoo I have noticed I have less shedding, and knots. I only shampoo on my scalp and I let the excess shampoo cleanse my ends.

2. Conditioner - Shea Moisture Smooth & Repair Nourishing Hair Masque (w/ Keratin Peptides & Botanical  Extracts)
       I have only used this hair masque once. I previously Trader Joe's, but I prefer the nourishing conditioner as a co-wash. I noticed that when using this Shea Moisture conditioner my curls felt restored, moisturized, and plenty of noticeable definition. I use this conditioner for thirty minutes, and then I rinse with cool to warm water. I do not rinse the product completely.

3. Moisturizer - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (w/ Silk Protein & Neem Oil)
      I have been using this product for about two years now. I go back and fourth with this product sometimes I love it, and sometimes... well It does not always please my expectations, but I have not found anything better. I need something that is humidity proof for the Florida weather. However, this product does moisturize my hair and aid with my curl definition.

4. Gel - Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer
       I do not use this product unless I want curls that I can manipulate. This product works well with the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I cannot stress enough that your hair must be dripping wet or slightly damped, unless you do not mind getting white clumps in your curls. This product provides excellent definition.

5. Oil - Nyle Nourishment Herbal Oil
       This product can be a slightly difficult to find in stores. I purchase mine at an Indian grocery store in Tampa, FL. It can also be purchased online. It does contain mineral oil. The product provides excellent shine and moisture. I usually use this product on my scalp and on twist once they are damp or completely dry. It does have a strange smell, but it fades after a few minutes. If the smell is too unbearable for you, you can also use Soy Bean oil, or  Jojoba oil. I f you use these products sparingly it will not weigh down your hair, or cause it become oily.



***** This was my hair care routine during the winter and has changed. Check out my latest Curly hair routine.
Any questions? I can be contacted by email:
Sashahayles@yahoo.com 

Sasha Tania

Instagram